Brenda Longfellow (partial data)
Films directed by Brenda Longfellow
Quote by Brenda Longfellow
"I mainly work in biography, and all the biographies I have done have been about women, so I guess that is my bias. I am especially interested in historic subjects and using a biography as a way to think through as deeply as possible the contradictions that women live with. I've often chosen subjects where there has been dissonance between the public image of the woman and her private experience."
-- Brenda Longfellow
For QUOTES about a specific film by Brenda Longfellow, please see: Our Marilyn
Notes about Brenda Longfellow
- Born in Copper Cliff, Ontario.
Section 1: Publications about Brenda Longfellow
- Bjornson, Michelle. "Making Documentary Films: Panel Discussion with Nicole Giguère, Brenda
Longfellow, Loretta Todd, and Aerlyn Weissman." In Women Filmmakers: Refocusing, edited by Jacqueline Levitin, Judith Plessis, and Valerie Raoul, 208-216. Vancouver: UBC Press, 2003.
Section 2: Publications about the Films of Brenda Longfellow
Brief Sections of Books
- Gittings, Christopher E. Canadian National Cinema: Ideology, Difference and Representation. London: Routledge, 2002. (pp. 273-274)
- Nichols, Bill. Representing Reality:
Issues and Concepts in Documentary. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1991. (pp. 260,
Brief Sections of Journal Articles
- Banning, Kass. "The Canadian Feminist Hybrid Documentary." Cineaction!, no. 26/27 (Winter 1992). (pp. 111-113)
Newspaper or Magazine Articles
- Bailey, Cameron. "Brenda Longfellow's Our Marilyn." Review of Our Marilyn. Cinema Canada, December 1987.
These archival institutions have holdings related to Brenda Longfellow or her films: