Aerlyn Weissman (partial data)
Films directed by Aerlyn Weissman
For QUOTES about a specific film by Aerlyn Weissman, please see: Forbidden Love: The Unashamed Stories of Lesbian Lives
Section 1: Publications about Aerlyn Weissman
- Bjornson, Michelle. "Making Documentary Films: Panel Discussion with Nicole Giguère, Brenda
Longfellow, Loretta Todd, and Aerlyn Weissman." In Women Filmmakers: Refocusing, edited by Jacqueline Levitin, Judith Plessis, and Valerie Raoul, 208-216. Vancouver: UBC Press, 2003.
Section 2: Publications about the Films of Aerlyn Weissman
- Bruce, Jean. "Queer Cinema at the NFB: The 'Strange Case' of Forbidden Love." In Candid Eyes: Essays on Canadian Documentaries, edited by Jim Leach and Jeannette Sloniowski, 164-180. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 2003.
- Goldie, Terry. "Talking Forbidden Love: An Interview with Lynne Fernie." Interview with Lynne Fernie. In In a Queer Country: Gay and Lesbian Studies in the Canadian Context, edited by Terry Goldie, 50-68. Vancouver: Arsenal Pulp Press, 2001.
- Hays, Matthew. "Lynne Fernie and Aerlyn Weissman: Out of the Shadows." Interview with Lynne Fernie and Aerlyn Weissman. In The View from Here: Conversations with Gay and Lesbian Filmmakers, 112-124. Vancouver: Arsenal Pulp Press, 2007.
- Rich, B. Ruby. "True Stories of Forbidden Love." ["This chapter originally appeared as 'Making Love', Village Voice, March 24, 1992."] In New Queer Cinema: The Director's Cut, 53-57. Durham, N.C.: Duke University Press, 2013.
Brief Sections of Books
- Bruce, Jean. "Querying / Queering the Nation." In Gendering the Nation: Canadian
Women's Cinema, edited by Kay Armatage, Kass Banning, Brenda Longfellow, and Janine Marchessault. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1999. (pp. 282-287)
- Gittings, Christopher E. Canadian National Cinema: Ideology, Difference and Representation. London: Routledge, 2002. (pp. 293-295)
- Waugh, Thomas. The Romance of Transgression in Canada: Queering Sexualities, Nations, Cinemas. Montreal: McGill-Queen's University Press, 2006. (pp. 155-157)
- Bruce, Jean. "Querying or 'Queering' the Nation:
The Lesbian Postmodern and Canadian Women's Cinema." Canadian Journal of Film Studies / Revue canadienne d'études cinématographiques 5, no. 2 (Autumn 1996): 35-50.
Newspaper or Magazine Articles
- Aitken, Will. "'A history film with good sex': This nose-thumbing NFB documentary about the repressed lives of lesbians in the fifties tells its story with a salty directness." Globe and Mail, November 19, 1992.
This archival institution has holdings related to Aerlyn Weissman or her films: